Brotherhood of Temple Beth-El of Great Neck has a long and proud tradition of serving both our synagogue and our local community. We offer many volunteer opportunities, including—but not limited to—the following:
- Brotherhood hosts the annual Saul Kessler Interfaith Seder for our Catholic, Protestant and Muslim neighbors as well as Project Understanding.
- Brotherhood promotes food donation and financial support for the Great Neck Interfaith Food Pantry at St. Aloysius Roman Catholic Church.
- Brotherhood provides Easter Sunday and Independence Day meals for clients of the Great Neck Interfaith Food Pantry.
- Brotherhood members partner with the Hatzilu organization to bring monthly Shabbat meals to local Jewish families in need.
- Brotherhood members host Sukkot and Memorial Day barbeques for the congregation.
- Brotherhood members take leadership roles in TBE initiatives—including our Go-Green program—building projects, lectures and author talks, as well as our usher corps.
Members attend 10 monthly meetings, which include a Sunday bagel breakfast or Thursday evening dinner. For paid members, Brotherhood also schedules Men’s Night Out dinners as well as book discussions and other events. Brotherhood hosts an annual barbeque at a former president’s home, and we take advantage of group discounts for Mets games, West Point football games and other activities. Annual dues cost $60 a year.
Our Brotherhood chapter has repeatedly won awards from the Men of Reform Judaism national organization.