Stay connected with your Temple Beth-El family by joining us for the following online activities on Zoom (see below for downloading instructions) and on our TBE Facebook page and YouTube channel. Be sure to check listings for registration requirements and enroll in the classes you wish to attend.
• NOTE: Morning Minyan will resume on August 24.
Rabbi Meir Feldman will hold Morning Minyan on Mondays and Thursdays at 7:15 a.m., Torah reading at about 7:40 a.m. and Kaddish at 7:52 a.m. at https://tinyurl.com/TBEZoomRoom. Don’t Zoom? Call in by phone at 646-558-8656; Meeting ID: 930 9298 7872, Password: 862992.
• TriBE Quarantine Affinity Group: Quarantining Alone on Tuesdays from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. on Zoom. Register here.
• TriBE Quarantine Affinity Group: Unemployed Due to COVID-19 on Tuesdays from 6 to 7 p.m.on Zoom. Register here.
• Join Religious School Director David Woolfe for Introduction to Hebrew Reading on Tuesdays at 7 p.m. through August 18 for a class on Hebrew conversation to strengthen Hebrew skills and understand Hebrew grammar. This course is for students who have completed Intro to Hebrew or who can read Hebrew. Join the Zoom Meeting; Meeting ID: 8968894 5437, Password: Hebrew1. Don’t have Zoom? Call 646-558-8656, Phone ID: 8968894 5437, Phone Password: 825563.
• NOTE: Coffee with Clergy will resume after the High Holy Days.
• NOTE: Morning Minyan will resume on August 24. Rabbi Meir Feldman will hold Morning Minyan on Mondays and Thursdays at 7:15 a.m., Torah reading at about 7:40 a.m. and Kaddish at 7:52 a.m. at https://tinyurl.com/TBEZoomRoom. Don’t Zoom? Call in by phone at 646-558-8656; Meeting ID: 930 9298 7872, Password: 862992.
• NOTE: Lunch and Learn will return later in the summer.
• TriBE Quarantine Affinity Group: COVID-19 Has Affected My Life on Thursdays from 5 to 6 p.m. on Zoom. Register here.
• TriBE Quarantine Affinity Group: Mourners Group, facilitated by TBE clergy, on Thursdays from 7 to 8 p.m. on Zoom. Register here.
• Please join us for a Fun, Family Erev Shabbat Service as we sing, pray and connect with each other. The Zoom room opens at 5:45 p.m.; the service begins at 6 p.m. at https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82087814092?pwd=Zy9HWGQ1aUpoblhzdXowRHlMMGpBZz09; Meeting ID: 820 8781 4092, Password: David1.
• Erev Shabbat Services will be held on Friday at 7 p.m. on Zoom at https://tinyurl.com/TBEZoomRoom, Facebook Live at https://www.facebook.com/TBEGreatNeck/ and livestreamed on YouTube at https://tinyurl.com/TBELivestream. Don’t Zoom? Call in by phone at 646-558-8656; Meeting ID: 930 9298 7872, Password: 862992.
—To have the name of a loved one read, add it at https://tinyurl.com/YahrzeitRead.
—To make a tribute, go to https://tinyurl.com/TBETribute.
—Follow along (for free) on another device with a digital prayer book at https://tinyurl.com/MishkanT-filah or email Dafna at firstname.lastname@example.org to have a siddur delivered to your home by a TBE congregant.
• Join the Temple Beth-El Erev Shabbat Oneg, immediately following Erev Shabbat Services in the same Zoom Room.
• Know a congregant who doesn’t have access to a computer? A previously recorded Erev Shabbat service can be viewed on NSTV on Optimum Channel 20 (in Great Neck and Manhasset) and on Verizon Fios Channel 37 (in Nassau County) on Fridays at 6:30 p.m.
• Torah Study will begin at 9:15 a.m. at https://tinyurl.com/TBEZoomRoom. Don’t Zoom? Call in by phone at 646-558-8656; Meeting ID: 930 9298 7872, Password: 862992.
• Come for a Lay-led Shabbat Morning Service at 10:30 a.m.and stay for a short chat. Bring your own challah and grape juice or wine and join in on Zoom at https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87493110146?pwd=WjNxVExQZUY4MTZXOVcvNVBxTTBJZz09; Meeting ID: 874 9311 0146, Password: challah.
• Havdalah Services will begin at 8:30 p.m. on August 15 and 22*, 8:15 p.m. on August 29 and 8 p.m. on September 5 on Facebook Live at https://www.facebook.com/TBEGreatNeck/. *Havdalah Services will be held in person on August 22. For details, click here.
To join programs on Zoom, download the app on your phone or the program on your computer at https://zoom.us/home.
All That Jazz: Three Evenings of Musical Performance
Wednesdays, August 12, 19 and 26 | 7: 30 to 8:30 p.m.
Join amazing musician and trumpeter Sophia Wotman for a special 3-part series that will explore jazz, its roots and evolution. Sophia will perform and enhance participants’ listening pleasure with enriching commentary.
August 12: The Blues and Jazz Standards
Learn about one of the most fundamental forms of jazz music—the blues—and discover how it evolved into the well-known jazz tunes that we know today.
August 19: Big Band and the Change in Sound
Explore the different sounds of jazz, from big band music by artists like Duke Ellington and Count Basie to the shift in jazz style through the mid-20th century.
August 26: Jews in Jazz
Discover how aspects of jazz language were shaped by Jewish musicians and composers—and how this impacted the jazz art form as well as Broadway music.
Sophia, an award-winning musician, has been studying trumpet and jazz for seven years. She is currently a student at the Manhattan School of Music Summer Program and the Summer Jazz Academy at Lincoln Center. In addition to studying and playing with noted musicians, such as jazz saxophonist Sam Dillon and other well-known jazz and classical performers, she has played in several ensembles including the All-County Jazz Band. Sophia also sings; produces her own music; and plays piano, guitar and drums. She is a Great Neck South Junior and a TBE congregant who is in the confirmation class.
The event will be held at https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86745331143?pwd=ZmpSdjJUTHF1U0YxeUpyOVB3TXpidz09, Meeting ID: 867 4533 1143, Passcode: 772449. By telephone, call 929-205-6099, Meeting ID: 867 4533 1143, Passcode: 772449.
Author Talk with Nicolas Blincoe, Writer of More Noble Than War: A Soccer History of Israel-Palestine
Sunday, August 23 | 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Join Brotherhood for a discussion with Nicolas Blincoe, author of More Noble Than War: A Soccer History of Israel-Palestine. Attendees are welcome to read the book ahead of time, though it is not a prerequisite.
The meeting will be held on Zoom at https://us02web.zoom.us/j/2071142241?pwd=a05Vb01XS1RjY2ZyNkdtL1RtWmRSZz09, Meeting ID: 207 114 2241, Passcode: 123456789; or call 929-436-2866, Meeting ID: 207 114 2241, Passcode: 123456789.