TEMPLE BETH-EL – A HOUSE OF GATHERING
Temple Beth-El of Great Neck is a place to worship and study, to celebrate life’s joys and sorrows, a place to strengthen one’s Jewish identity, to express a commitment to social justice and righteous deeds, as well as a place to make lasting friendships. It is truly a sacred and caring community.
We are a diverse community where members of all ages are engaged in stimulating programs, where activities connect us to our faith and to one another.
One of Temple Beth-El’s greatest strengths is our many communities within our larger temple family. Here’s a sampling of your opportunities to connect to our Temple Beth-El community:
- Social Action Council;
- Familyhood, for families with young children (from birth through fifth grade), sponsors age-appropriate events, for both kids and parents, with the purpose of fostering a social, religious, and spiritual connection to the Temple Beth-El community and hoping to promote a lifetime of Jewish involvement. Join Familyhood and their fun family journey!
- Gay and Lesbian Inclusion Committee;
- Junior Temple Club – for 9th through 12th graders;
- Club Chai – Open to those who have been members of Temple Beth-El or of multiple congregations for 18 years or longer.
- Inclusion/Interfaith/Outreach – Temple Beth-El reflects the rich diversity that is Jewish life in American today. A significant number of our members are in interfaith marriages, are Jews-by-Choice, have children who have intermarried, or were raised by interfaith parents. Temple Beth-El welcomes everyone into our congregation, and invites and respects choices.
- The Black-Jewish Dialogue has been bringing representatives from Temple Beth-El and Mount Olive Baptist Church and others from the greater Great Neck area together for over 20 years. Each year’s numerous meetings culminate in the annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Service, celebrated with special combined choir and spiritual music.
- The Caring Community responds in a variety of ways to the special needs of the extended Temple Beth-El family.
There are also several committees which relate to our education offerings:
- Board of Education;
- Religious School Committee; and
- Early Childhood Education Council Parent-Teacher Council.
All these groups enhance the lives of our members and the larger community in which we live.
Get detailed information about our temple community.
Membership questions? More information? Contact Amanda Greenawalt, Coordinator of Development and Membership Services at email@example.com or at (516) 487-0900 ext 108.